From What’s Now To What’s Next [May 29]
LPP is keeping a finger on the pulse of top industry headlines and conversations buzzing around social media, so you don't have to. Below is this week's round-up to serve as information and inspiration for discussions around real-time trends.
Did we miss anything? What are your thoughts on what’s happening this week?
- D11: The All Things D conference taking place in Calif. this week has gathered Hollywood executives, music producers, manufacturing professionals and other executives for discussions that revolved around a central theme – Technology is inescapable. Tim Cook, on the other hand, was able to escape most of the questions asked on yesterday’s panel.
- #BostonPRoud: More than 30 local public relations agencies and 400 attendees are gathering today to benefit The One Fund Boston in support of Boston Marathon bombing victims.
- #TCmeetups: The Austin Pitch-Off is this Thursday, May 30. A lot like “The Voice” with possibly the same amount of singing.
- Google Networking: The company plans to team up with local telecom firms and equipment providers emerging markets to develop wireless networks and bring the rest of the world up to speed and online.
- Wordpress turns 10: The blogging platform celebrates a decade of collaboration, content and community.
- Verizon iCloud: Carrier goes up against Apple in redundant cloud battle.
- Papa John’s: The company’s CEO apologized on Facebook for the misconduct of two employees towards a delivery customer.
- CNN BuzzFeed: The media companies are joining to create a new YouTube channel featuring shareable “news” content.
- [Placeholder]: Tumblr forgets to proofread a mass email. Every PR pro in the world relates.
- +SocialGood: Mashable teams up with partners to facilitate year-round conversations around #SocialGood initiatives.