Educational program grows into worldwide celebration
Earth Day is the largest, most celebrated environmental event worldwide. First launched as an environmental awareness event in the United States in 1970, Earth Day is now celebrated globally in over 192 countries, according to the website www.earthday.org. Additionally, more than a billion people participate in Earth Day campaigns every year!
Below are some things LPP is doing around its office to be more environmentally conscious. These tips aren't just applicable one day out of the year, but 365 days a year.
- Remember the 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Turn off your office lights while you attend meetings, at night and over the weekend.
- Turn off lights in restrooms, conference rooms, and so forth when the rooms are not in use.
- Put your computer and printer on energy saving settings if you'll be away for a while.
- Try to cut back on printing. Print on both sides of paper when you can.
- Use reusable coffee mugs, glasses, or water bottles instead of paper cups. Use travel mugs when you go to coffee shops and remember their paper cups are recyclable. Some coffee shops give discounts when you bring a travel mug to use!
- Use containers and/or a lunch box when you bring your lunch. Eat fruits and veggies that are in season. Check out your local farmers’ market.
- Limit your use of paper towels when drying your hands, dishes, or cleaning.
Tell us what you're doing this Earth Day.